Lighting the Way Aside
As member organizations are approved, their links will be added to our website.
Georgia Ladies Aside
MOSSY - Minnesotan's on Side Saddles "Y" (because we can!)
The Northwest Aside Group
South East Aside
SouthEast Aside Membership Application
Southern Ohio Ladies Aside
Southern Ohio Ladies Aside Membership Application
Texas Sidesaddle Riders
Texas Sidesaddle Riders Membership Application
Member organizations will be given space in each newsletter for their group's events and information. Since the
our newsletter ASA Phoenix will go out to all members of ASA, some clubs may decide to include their information
in the Phoenix instead of producing their own newsletter.
To qualify for an affiliate membership, a sidesaddle group, club, association or organization must
submit an application and include the following:
- Brief History of the Organization. This should include when the organization was formed, when formal
membership was established, when paperwork such as bylaws and articles of incorporation were
- Description of the organization's goals and a copy of the mission statement.
- Copy of the Bylaws and articles of incorporation/association
- A copy of the IRS Determination Letter if the group claims to be tax-exempt.
- List of activities, whether social, fund-raising, performing, competing, promotional, or educational, at least two in the past year, in each of which 5 or more of the organization's members have participated
- A current list of officers and members (will not be used for any purpose other than the application to verify that an actual membership list is being maintained and to verify that the organization has at least five members)
The Board of Directors will vote to approve groups that apply to become member organizations based on the
information provided in their application and any supplemental information the club wishes to submit. Once
approved, the club must provide a list of members who will become members of ASA along with $5 per member.
Are you interested in forming a member organization?
Read Little Steps to Gathering Aside, or How MoSSY
got its start by Katey Lunden
Email the American Sidesaddle Association
Copyright 2012 American Sidesaddle Association.
For problems with this site,
email the webmaster.
Last updated May 28, 2012.